Sunday, September 27, 2009

Count Your Blessings - Part II

Well, how did you do? Have you had time
to recall your parents, grandparents, and
your "growing-up-years"? Have you stopped
to appreciate your brothers and sisters, along
with your children?
How many other things were you able to add
to our previous list? Here are some more of
mine:
I'm thankful for the people who read and
commented on my newspaper writings and
blog writings over the last two years.
I'm thankful for the computer and the
invention of the internet (thanks, Al!).
I'm thankful for columnists and commentators
in major market papers and on honest-
thinking TV programs that fight to keep America
free and great!
I'm thankful for the men and women of our
Armed Forces, both at home and abroad, who
are standing for and fighting for our freedoms
and values, despite what we see and hear from
some of our country's leaders!
It's a blessing that we still have "freedom of
speech", "freedom to dissent", "freedom of
expression", and "freedom of the press", along
with the "freedom of assembly". GOD HELP
US IF WE EVER LOSE THESE FREEDOMS!
I'm thankful for Social Security, may it ever be
available, as without it bringing up my most
recent offspring would have been troublesome!
I'm thankful for Medicare, much of which I've
paid for over my 50-plus years of working, and
which I now can rely on for assistance with my
health issues.
I'm thankful for freedom of thought and expression,
and the ability to think, create, imagine, and
entertain some of my "followers", whoever they be.
I'm thankful for friends, which I consider you to
be, as you have enriched my life by just knowing
you, even if it's only been through this medium
or e-mails. You've added to my happiness!
WE ARE BLESSED! Count your blessings, please!
A thankful heart is a merry heart, and nothing
is healthier than a heart that is at ease and at peace.
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment