Friday, July 17, 2009

THE PEACE OF GOD

"The peace of God which is beyond all (of this
world's) understanding will guard (keep, protect)
your hearts and minds.............." Philippians,
chapter 4, verse 7.
Life is not a bed of roses, to put it mildly, not
even for the child of God. Christians have not
been promised an easy road, but we have been
given the graces and gifts necessary to endure
life's problems and challenges.
There are numerous aids available to us to help
us to overcome - the Scriptures, songs and
hymns, psalms, worship, meditation, prayer,
fellowship with fellow-pilgrims, God's promises,
and for me, at this time - God's PEACE!
Jesus promised that He came to give us PEACE!
When speaking with His disciples in John,
chapter 14, He said, "Peace I leave with you,
my peace I give to you..."
He's not talking about a refusal to accept our
circumstances, or a denial of reality, what He's
giving you and me is a calmness even in the
midst of trials and problems!
My recent bouts with physical challenges have
been met with a surprising lack of panic - I've
actually had a PEACE beyond myself - one
that could only come from my Heavenly Father!
Facing uncertain surgery and treatments, I'd
experience nervousness and a lack of faith in
times past, but at this stage of life I'm having
an uncharacteristic (for me) PEACE! P.T.L.!
Friend, are you going through a tough time?
Has life dealt you a "bad hand" or a test that
you fear may be beyond your ability to cope
with? Good! NOW GOD CAN PROVE
HIMSELF BY SHOWING HIMSELF WITH
THE CALMING ASSURANCE THAT HE IS
IN CONTROL, AND THAT YOU ARE IN HIS
HANDS!! Talk about PEACE!
Place yourself into "the Potter's hands", and
let Him mold you and shape you into the
image of His Son! Accept His PEACE! Be
at ease, knowing that "He doeth all things
well"!!
Remember, it is not in this world that we
aim to succeed and "feel at home", but in
the promises of our eternal home, Heaven,
that we seek, where "all will be PEACE"!

No comments:

Post a Comment